Location: Glasgow, UK
* Design the pillars for Data Governance, Metadata Mgt, MDM, Data Quality, Data Warehousing, Sourcing and Staging of data, BI and R&D in close alignment with business functions and enterprise Information management.
* Create and manage the Information Management framework, architecture, processes, and solutions.
* Overall responsibility of the technology decisions for the data & analytics platforms.
* Assist in creation of solution assessment criteria for product selections.
* Responsible for strategic roadmaps that describe the journey to target state for all Data & Analytics domains.
* Responsible for implementation of the data quality strategy.
* Reviewing third parties' high-level designs and implementations to ensure quality, coherence and consistency.
* Deliver standards & patterns, controls on how the organisation would like to deploy services in a standard & repeatable way.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
* Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
* Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
Essential skills & experience:
* Overall 10+ Experience with 5+ years solid hands-on design, engineering, administration, and implementation of comprehensive systems and architectures in an enterprise area required
* Experience in ETL Tools like Talend, Informatica, Data Stage but not limited to these
* Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/ELT data pipelines.
* Experience as an enterprise lead in a multinational organization in the following disciplines:
* Metadata Management - Data architecture, lineage, and enterprise data models
* Data Quality - master and transactional data
* Data Warehousing - global scale enterprise data warehouses
* Reporting - operations, management, and key metrics
* Data Modelling Techniques
* Self Service BI
* Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences especially with non-technical business functions
* Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives in terms of benefit and cost
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models