Role: Credit Controller
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
My client is one of the UK's largest and fastest growing distributors of interior supplies.. This company are going through a rapid growth strategy and raising the profile of the group. This company has been heavily invested in and is a very exciting time to join this business.
You will report to the Financial Controller and will be involved in end to end Credit Control with Sales Ledger responsibilities.
* Chasing all overdue invoices and ensure all monies are paid within a timely manner
* Reducing the risk of bad debt
* Improving the cash flow of the business
* Ensure customers pay in a timely manner, chasing overdue invoices when necessary.
* Working closely with the Accounts Financial Controller, to implement and improve the debtors' process when there are any overdue invoices or payments.
* Regular communication with customers, via phone and email, sending payment reminders where necessary.
* Assisting in sending statements to customers on a monthly basis.
* Arrange for the credit application form and evaluate and register their credit terms
* Negotiate credit terms & conditions and repayment plans.
* Continuous check and amendments of credit terms of existing customers, including customer communications.
* Communicate with customers anything that has to do with payments, and other commercial terms & conditions.
* Maintain accurate records of customer payment activity.
* Working closely with the sales and customer service divisions, dealing and resolving internal payment/credit queries.
* Keeping all agreements in sync and up to date, look at possible improvements, and re-negotiate any future changes.
* Communication with our lawyers regarding our agreements, and keeping them within current legislation.
* Management of customer contact details
* Handle any legal commercial non-technical disputes.
* Evaluate and administrate any need for payment insurances.
Key Skills Required:
* Minimum of 1-2 years within a Credit Control role
* The ability to work within a small team
* Demonstrated experience within a fast moving, forward thinking and customer-led organisation
* Background in building supplies/interiors/construction/blue collar sectors preferred
* Self starter
* Progressive mind set and somebody who wants to develop their career
* Excellent IT skills
* Excel knowledge
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Planning & Organising
* Relationship Management
* Displays strong desire and willingness to learn new skills
* Provision of excellent customer service
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age