Insight Manager - London - up to £38k - J11663
A leading media network, home to world-renowned brands, are seeking an Insight Manager to join the team and help clients unlock the full potential of their marketing, making better decisions faster.
Our client is looking for someone who is creative at gathering an in-depth understanding of the why' behind people's actions and opinions.
This role requires a flexible approach to research and insight generation:
People who are hungry to find hidden gems of human truth that can transform the agency's work. You should have a point of view (rather than just reporting back findings) and be confident to positively challenge opinion where appropriate.
You will be a key driver in shaping the strategy for this important agency asset and lead in moderating the tasks and discussions we put to this group of people.
You will be an integral part of many client briefs and as such you should be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders, be a great communicator and enjoy working with a diverse range of experts.
We are looking for three key skills:
• Analytical thinking. You should be comfortable with data and basic statistical concepts, and be able to uncover insights, patterns, and triggers.
• Empathy. You should be able to see the person behind the data and relate the behaviour they display or the desires they have into clear insight learnings.
• Simplification. You should be able to communicate complexity in simple, digestible language
You will also have the following:
• Experience working within an insight function: client-side; within a research agency or an insight role within a media agency.
• Experience in managing all stages of research projects from client briefing, proposal writing, researching to presenting back results.
• A firm grasp of how to write surveys and discussion guides through design and fieldwork management
• Understanding of, and experience with, different quantitative and qualitative research methodologies - you will work across the lifecycle of ad hoc projects, delivering high quality and effective work for our clients.
• Be especially well-versed in qualitative research techniques and be able to moderate and analyse focus-groups (online and offline).
• Understand complex target audiences and the tools in which to build these (we value advanced understanding of TGI and Touchpoints) whilst linking audiences and needs to communications objectives.
• Experienced in data analysis and interpretation, with an ability to translate data findings into meaningful stories.
• Be able to report research findings in a clear and interesting way.
• Candidates with a working knowledge of survey/analysis tools such as SPSS, Q or equivalent would be advantageous