Our client is a highly successful business with award winning audio products sold across the globe. Continued success means they wish to recruit an experienced Service Engineer.
* Investigate test failure; you will be familiarity with FFT, Familiarity with audio equipment, with audio analysers, and with Test Generators.
* Identify cause of failure (experience repairing audio equipment, working with CD mechanisms, repairing PCB to component level and reading PCB schematics
* Fixing faults (Excellent SMD Rework, experience with Oscilloscopes, Digital Multi-meters.
* Mechanical experience for assembling/disassembling.
* Testing Repaired units - experience of following test procedures.
* Logging failures well written English, familiar with MS Office, and with MRP Systems & maintaining spreadsheets.
* Rejecting parts (working closely with suppliers)
* Familiarity with Customer Service Ticketing software.
* Strength to move units and boxes (max 25kg)
* Familiarity with or passion for HiFi/Audio Systems
* Familiarity with FPGA, Xilinx, JTAG
* Well organised
* Prioritise and manage workload
* Familiarity with ESD
* Analytical & Enthusiastic
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
* Electronics HND or similar
* A minimum of three years' experience in an electronics test or service environment.
* Knowledge of both digital and analogue electronics and familiarity with appropriate diagnostic strategies for each.
* Proven diagnostic and trouble-shooting skills.
* Good failure analysis and reporting skills.
* Electronics assembly and rework.
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. However, we will make every effort to contact those applicants whose skills and competencies are a direct match to the role advertised. If you have not heard further from us in 4 working days' then I regret that you must assume that you were not selected for interview. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology