Technical Architect - Oracle Data Warehouse Remediation (Remote) - upto £650 a day negotiable (inside IR35)
* 6 months+ contract position, a Technical Architect with specific experience of designing large scale Oracle upgrades/migrations is required to join the project team in a large government client.
* Immediate start, based remotely from anywhere in the UK during lockdown followed by possible limited on-site (1-2 day per month onsite, the rest is remote).
* Rate: upto £650 a day negotiable, based on skills/experience, inside IR35
We are looking for delivery-focused Technical Architects with strong prior experience of delivering application HLDs and LLDs for an Oracle data warehouse (Oracle E-Business Suite) on-premise and SAS migration. The client is a large central Government department and is looking to carry out a business critical upgrade to their Oracle on-premise infrastructure, so the role will involve the Technical Architects understanding the business and technical requirements and drivers behind the upgrade, collaborating with the wider technical and delivery team and then designing a solution that will be approved/adopted by the stakeholders. Options for deploying Microsoft Azure are being investigated in parallel, so it would be advantageous (not essential) for the architects to have some experience of delivering installations within Azure.
Essential Skills Required:
The Technical Architects will be expected to:
* Have very strong Oracle E-Business Suite migration knowledge and experience for both on-premise and SAS cluster migration
* Experience of delivering installations within Azure is desirable
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical contacts within the client as well as drive relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
* Explore, design and validate solutions to applicable enterprise standards
* Be capable of presenting solution designs at applicable governance forums, e.g. design authority forums, with senior stakeholders. Credibility in presentation skills to align stakeholders, e.g. in situations where there is misalignment in expectations between competing stakeholder groups.
* Proven capability of "owning" deliverables and driving resolutions/outcomes.
* Strong influencer, capable of making clear recommendations based on evidence and sound rationale that is clearly articulated.
* Familiarity with Government Digital Service standards (GDS), project stages and public sector ways of working is desirable
* Solid understanding of good data governance and data management principles.
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, SC Clearance may be required. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared, or have current transferable clearance already.
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process