PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage day to day operation of the day shift carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive works to Building Services Systems. To provide relevant escalation from operational team on matters requiring senior managers / client attention.
Shifts: 12hrs x 2 days
12hrs x 2 nights
then 4 days off
· Provide technical leadership to the team of shift engineers, taking ownership and responsibility for engineering decisions while on shift including escalations to duty managers, specialist sub-contractor support and client information/communication.
· Act as point of call/communication for OOH callouts while on shift duty.
· Ensure that the assigned shift team is covered at all times throughout the year during annual leave and sickness absence.
· Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System as directed by Shift Manager.
· Ensure team members are up to date and all Biological Barrier protocols of the site at all times and comply with these.
· Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept pertaining to Health & Safety, Building Compliance and Quality Assurance, maintaining Planon information for HSE/Home Office audit and inspection record purposes.
· Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract and QHSE obligations during the shift pattern. Administer sub contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
· To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system), including HV/LV AP duties.
· Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
· Issue the shift report update email (spreadsheet) to the distribution list, providing information on reactive work actions and handover notes.
· To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
· Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant; update stock list.
· Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions.
· Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed via Planon or job sheets.
· Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM's and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
· To maintain & develop good client relationships.
· Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment.
· Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors.
· Undertake other tasks as defined and requested by local management.
· Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate, including the utilisation of the shift engineers to ensure the task is suitably completed.
· To ensure the shift team are suitably skilled and trained, and appropriate training plans are drafted and implemented.
· To ensure the shift engineers are undertaking work tasks as directed and with suitable H&S awareness/implementation.
· Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
· Ensure that Planon tasks are logged by all members of the shift team and information is up to date, informative and accurate.
· Any other task as directed by the account management team.
· Directly accountable to the Shift Manager, however a dotted line reporting to the other site management team exists.
· The post holder has NO directly reporting staff, but authority to instruct and direct shift team activities.
· This post carries NO direct budgetary responsibility, but financial awareness is required.
Education Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance, to NVQ/HNC/HND level.
Recognised formal apprenticeship in relevant building services engineering discipline, preferred.
A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematical skills.
Training Recognised Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH/NEBOSH
Basic skills on Building Management Systems an advantage. Excel/Word proficiency HV/LV AP certified
Experience (Essential) Experience of maintaining tight humidity & temperature control conditioned environments.
General all-round knowledge of Heating & Ventilation / Air Conditioning and building support systems and their methods of control.
Minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience in charge of a team of engineers.
Preferably, experience of working in a scientific/pharmaceutical environment, ideally with Animal House experience
Aptitudes Good verbal communication skills
Good written English skills
Character Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Physically fit. Able to ascend and descend vertical access equip.
Able to work at heights and on roofs.
A team player, able to work with CBRE and client staff
Leadership qualities and able to mentor and impart technical knowledge