We are recruiting for a Supermarket Manager for our clients award winning holiday resort in Somerset.
The supermarket runs under the Costcutter brand as well as flexibility for local produce and a gift and toy range.
The supermarket is approximately 2600 sq feet and features modern refrigeration, hot food counter, bakery display and coffee machine. A back of house warehouse with walk in fridge and freezer.
Daily responsibilities of a Supermarket Manager includes;
* Responsibility for daily trading, opening, closing.
* Ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained and displayed professionally in an appealing manner to our guests.
* Ordering of stock and managing stock levels to meet seasonal demands.
* Achieving set GP margin, revenue and wage targets.
* Sourcing and buying local products, pricing products appropriately.
* Accurate stock taking.
* Enforcing licensing rules and national lottery compliance.
* Cash handling and correct use of IT systems.
* Managing a small team, recruiting, training, supporting and coaching.
* Providing an excellent customer focused approach and being a role model to other team members.
Full time, permanent role including weekends. Our client trading season is February to November. Naturally there will be higher working hours during the trading period than within the closed period. The closed period allows time for planning for the next season
About the Company
* We are an award winning family business that has been trading for over 70 years. Our business includes Holiday Resort, Golf Club, Children's Play and Splash Waterpark.
* Since building the Supermarket in 2004 this is only the 3rd opportunity for a Supermarket Manager - there is good team retention and security.
* Competitive salary, paid monthly.
* Opportunity for performance related bonus.
* Free leisure benefits including free swimming, gym, golf membership. Child/ grandchild entry into childrens Play, birthday party discount.
* Company pension.
* 24 hour employee assistance program.
* Access to online perk platform for retail, dining and travel discounts.
* Management team development training and access to learn other areas of management on the Resort.
* Annual Team Awards.
COVID training and risk assessment in place