Key Purpose of the Role:
To maintain, install and configure internal and external communication cable infrastructure.
• Carrying out fault diagnosis and rectification on the communication cable infrastructure
• Carrying out moves, changes and additions to the communication cable infrastructure.
• Carrying out periodic surveys, testing and maintenance of the communication cable infrastructure, including outside plant.
• Carrying out fault diagnosis and rectification on IRS/TV systems.
• Observing statutory and other relevant requirements, in particular those related to health and safety.
• City and Guilds 3666 (or suitable military training).
• SC clearance or the ability to achieve SC clearance.
Experience & Knowledge:
• At least three years experience in installing, maintaining, testing and configuring internal/external copper voice networks, structured cabling and internal/external fibre optic networks.
• Able to deliver all maintenance, repair and installation tasks to a high standard.
• Able to work effectively as a lone engineer or as part of a team.
• Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines, reacting practically and proactively to resolve problems