My client a specialist supplier of display and merchandising to global brands, providing a more efficient supply model for POP that emphasises global consolidation is looking for a Development Engineer to join the team.
* To design, engineer and develop permanent display and merchandising products through to production for a group of market leading brands in DIY, construction, consumable and FMCG sectors under the direction of the Development Manager.
* To deliver an essential and accurate engineering support function to supply and commercial colleagues within the business unit and to our manufacturing suppliers across the world.
* To implement our established engineering processes and bring additional skills, ideas and enthusiasm to our team.
* To be a credible engineering representative of the company in meetings with colleagues and customers.
Responsibilities of the Role
* Working with the Development Manager to provide the critical engineering function within the business unit team, while collaborating and communicating effectively with colleagues in other functions and business units across the Group.
* Contributing to the morale and productivity of all the team as a colleague who builds rapport and team-spirit through good communication and professionalism.
* Driving cost reduction, improved project profitability, continuous quality improvement and increased efficiency through design innovation and accurate engineering will have a direct impact on the success of the business unit and the company.
* The Development Engineer will also have responsibility to support the commercial team in their service to clients via the creation of POP solutions in the form of renders, technical drawings and prototypes.
* Delivering first-hand reports and recommendations to the head of the business units on material and process options and engineering intelligence and supporting other engineers within the company as required.
* Optimum scheduling, project management and deadline achievement on all development and production projects is a key responsibility. Upkeep of our systems and regular, factual communication on critical actions and project issues are required.
* Achievement of specific pre-agreed targets for the delivery of projects, developments and engineering to schedules. (i.e. Time, cost, efficiency)
* Achievement of targets for project profitability and cost and fault rejection both within the development function and collectively as a business unit. (i.e. designing to a budget)
Skills, Aptitudes & Experience Required
* The talent and expertise to generate well-engineered, well-reasoned and commercial solutions and recommendations in response to a pipeline of POP challenges.
* An obsession for deadlines and for accuracy in engineering detail with organisational skills and a hands-on attitude to production quality, prototyping and cost control. The ability to both multi-task and focus.
* Demonstrable, accurate and impressive skills in SolidWorks, inventing and producing visuals for customer presentations in order to take personal charge of projects.
* An understanding of key manufacturing processes in metal, plastics and print, preferably with some knowledge of manufacturing in China would be advantageous
* Great interpersonal skills, excellence in verbal and written communication and an understanding of business relationships
* Education to degree level and languages preferred.
* An interest in brand marketing and a truly international outlook on the world.
* Clean driving license, willingness to travel and confidence all welcomed.
++Due to large response to our adverts if you do not hear from us in 5 Working Days your application has been unsuccessful