£26,000 - £30,000 (Dependant on experience) + study support
Both working from home and the Runcorn office
Are you an ambitious Assistant Accountant looking to join an organisation that are in the process of starting a transformation project which will allow you to take your knowledge and skills to the next level? Our Finance Shared Service team based in Runcorn are looking for an Assistant Accountant who is looking to progress their career in an innovative and forward-thinking organisation.
This will be an excelent opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into commerce from practice or someone looking to take the next step in their career.
You will feel valued as an Assistant Accountant within Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
* MyWellness - a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
* We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream -which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
* Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
* Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
* Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
* Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual "Ask our Executives" event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
* Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
Working within the Finance Shared Services team, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports for one or more legal entities within the Virgin Care Group. It is an exciting opportunity to develop your technical accounting skills to progress your career in finance.
You will develop your analytical and reporting skills with responsibilities including: the production of month end close process reporting across all areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet, posting of journals, create effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and support the development of continuous improvement initiatives within the group finance team.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Assisting in the production of month end close process and reporting across all areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines
* Supporting the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the R2R Finance team
* Production of Balance Sheet reconciliations including all supporting information
* Preparation of journals including support and calculations
You will be a self-motivated and part-qualified / recently qualified Assistant Accountant with a minimum of 12 months experience of working within a general ledger function at a similar level. You will have strong communication and organisational skills with a working knowledge of a large ERP system such as Oracle or SAP. and those with shared services experience will be highly regarded.
You will be offered on-going support towards completing your accounting qualification and be given the chance to be involved in a number of process improvements within the transformation project.
Feel the Difference
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are a progressive, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.