We are looking to appoint an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for a company based in Sunderland who are in a period of growth. This represents a great opportunity to take a newly created role.
We are looking for a precision-focused professional with highly developed leadership qualities and the ability to work efficiently and within budget.
The successful candidate's primary function and role will be the conception, design and development of the manufacturing process. He or she will serve as the liaison between the creative professionals on each project and the engineering department. We are looking for someone who enjoys contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team and who always keeps the end user in mind.
Job Description Summary:
Work closely with the Engineering team to develop and standardise design for manufacture concept.
Responsible for Improving the manufacturing processes and procedures, as well as developing, implementing and maintaining the required productivity targets.
Provide direction and guidance to the production and manufacturing teams with all related projects.
Ensures all improvements and performance metrics are communicated back to the wider group, using the necessary communication tools.
Implement all appropriate manufacturing techniques which support the processes and procedures to ensure high standards of quality products are produced.
Manages companywide projects with minimal direction or supervision.
Job Description/Core duties:
* Evaluate current manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from focus and improvements.
* Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
* Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary, performance and productivity targets.
* Lead cross-departmental RCA meetings to ensure buy-in, collaboration and cohesion.
* Devise and implement new Engineering solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
* Work with the relevant engineering and supply chain teams to improve assembly and test processes.
* Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency/productivity.
* Apply continuous improvement methods to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
* Implement best practices to products and processes to establish high quality standards as well as validation of process improvements.
* Support by SC and QE, Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
* Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
* Troubleshoot new or existing product issues involving designs, materials, or processes.
* Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
* Train production personnel in new or existing methods of manufacturing.
* Evaluate current manufacturing processes and practices for environmental sustainability.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Manufacturing Engineering background preferred
* Knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution).
* A proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment
* Flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
* Able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
* A professional, clear, concise and positive communicator with proven interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and motivate to support team building while achieving results.
* Possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once. Must be proficient at conflict resolution
* Proven success/experience in project management
Other activities :
Support the QEHS department in risk analysis and inspections, ensuring that the right actions are put in place to minimize risks.
Support the QHES department with internal Quality audits.
Promote/lead the Continuous Improvement initiative in the assembly areas.
Promote EH&S and Quality excellence in the eyes of our employees, customers and suppliers.
Experience and Skills Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
7+ years' design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
History of progressive responsibility a plus
Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
Experience with CAD programs a plus