JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Westlakes Science and Technology Park
RATE: £40 Per hour Umbrella
DURATION: 12 Month Contract
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical discipline
- Technical background preferably in software or associated discipline.
- Current security Clearance
- Experience delivering systems and software engineering solutions to radiometric instrumentation development and service applications to nuclear sector customers with the minimum of supervision
- Experience of Object oriented design
- Ideally with experience of using Sparx Enterprise Architect CASE tool
- Familiarity with design patterns, tiered architectures, UML
- Coding Experience Including - C#, .NET and .NET Core
- ASP.NET, MVC, ASP.Net Core
- Visual C++, COM, MFC
- SQL and MS SQL Server, Reporting Services - some Oracle familiarity would be nice to have too
- experience of Unit test frameworks for the languages/environments above
- Coverage tool familiarity
- Familiar with formal version management system
- Ideally with experience with Git version control tool.
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
As the Software Engineer you will be required to deliver software input to projects to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives with minimal managerial support. You will be responsible for but not limited to the following day to day duties:
- To deliver the software input to services, tasks and projects, including post installation support or third line technical support as required.
- Liaison with other Physics/Project Team Members to develop ideas and co-ordinate input to projects.
- Support business winning including maintaining customer relationships, developing opportunities and proposal preparation.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise inputs to different projects (personal time and contribution)
- Promote effective contribution across teams.
- Co-ordinate and lead technical contributions to projects, working with colleagues.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities, including ensuring that version and configuration control is maintained.
- Produce, review and verify outputs including: calculations, analysis results, reports, specifications and method statements..
- Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practice, promote a culture of best practice.
We look forward to receiving applications from candidates meeting the minimum criteria listed above. Please apply electronically or call Hayley Quirk on (phone number removed).
Rullion Engineering Personnel is a highly experienced recruitment business serving Utilities, Nuclear, Transport, Oil and Gas, Power, Petro-Chemical, Manufacturing, Construction, Telecommunications, Trades and International businesses.
Our customer focussed approach and innovative approach to business has ensured our rise to becoming one of the industry's foremost manpower and recruitment businesses
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants