Service Centre Machinist
My Client a Global Pump Specialist are seeking a Service Centre Technician to support the service in house capabilities for both pump and valve refurbishments, machining cast parts with spec to drawings. Experience would be using conventional lathes, drills, mills etc and confident using measuring equipment and reading engineering drawings. Qualification to NVQ3. Valid clean driving licence and a can do attitude to working alone and self motivations are musts for this role.
Service Centre Machinist Key Responsibilities
• Bias on turning majority of machining on manual centre lathe producing shafts, sleeves, spacers, etc.
• Machining cast parts to drawing such as impellers, bearing housings, casings.
• General milling including keyways and slots
• Vertical borer machining valve bodies, pump bowls, pump casings etc.
• Remove and replace case wear rings and bushes
• Present a professional Image, support and promote brand values at all times.
Service Centre Machinist Experience and qualifications
• Time served Craft Apprenticeship/trained machine shop engineer using conventional lathes, drills, mills, etc.
• Confident using measuring equipment and reading engineering drawings
• Relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3
• People Skills, teamwork and collaboration
• Service knowledge & understanding of rotating equipment
• Problem solving skills
• An organized & methodical approach.
• Attention to detail
The role is largely workshop based but will require occasional site based work