About the Firm
* Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK.
* In 2020 they received the Top Employers Institute certification for the thirteenth year.
* The firm recognises the importance of our people enjoying what they do, providing a friendly and inspiring working environment in all their offices.
About the Role
* Planning Solicitor with a PQE range from NQ - 4PQE
* To work collaboratively with members of the Planning team and wider firm to meet client needs, providing clients with commercially focused planning advice and guidance.
* The role is likely to involve some travel in view the projects they undertake
* To have conduct of various matters and work as part of the team on larger projects.
* The national team works collaboratively across offices, undertaking high quality work in a supportive environment.
* Help support growth for the Planning practice both nationally and in the relevant location.
Examples of work the Team is involved in
* Various strategic residential and New Town projects - advising on all planning aspects, including advising on a new garden town which is to comprise 23,000 dwellings and major infrastructure.
* Promoting over 10 major CPO projects, including various major highways CPO's.
* DCO's and Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects - including Mersey Tidal energy project.
* Judicial review challenges.
* Day to day planning advisory work for clients and infrastructure agreements.
* The team currently handles a large variety of high quality work for both private and public sector clients.
The Ideal Candidate
* Qualified solicitor
* Specialist experience gained in Planning law
* The ideal candidate will have gained some private practice experience. We will also consider applications from lawyers working within local government
* Technically strong and good communication skills
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* A team player, who has the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible approach
* The role is ideally based in our Leeds office but we will also consider candidates for Manchester.
* The firm supports and encourages flexible working arrangements