Chelton wants you!
Are you on the lookout for an electrifying career in a dynamic, booming industry? Are you passionate about what you do and constantly on the lookout for the next big idea? Then we want you!
Aerospace and defence equipment wouldn't be able to operate if it wasn't for avionic manufacturers like Chelton. We pride ourselves on working with customers and being attuned to industry trends to expand the possibilities of aerospace and defence and give our customers a helping hand in achieving mission success. Working in challenging environments, producing failsafe technology with smart thinking - it's just what we do. But we couldn't do it without the Chelton A-team. That's why we're on the look out to add x2 Systems Lead Project Engineers to our elite workforce.
No two days are ever the same at Chelton, you'll constantly be faced with new challenges to overcome. From the very beginning, you will be able to take full ownership and accountability to see products through to success. After all, where would we be if it wasn't for the people behind the products?
If you're looking to leave your mark on the world, why not choose the exhilarating world of aerospace and defence and better yet, join Chelton for your chance to innovate, create and excite.
This role will be based at our headquarters in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
As the Systems Lead Project Engineer, you will have responsibility for leading the engineers within integrated project teams. You will have a systems thinking mind-set, coupled with knowledge of project management techniques where you will support the programme manager.
You will be involved in bid opportunities for a product line area, and where successful, progress these into live project execution up until customer delivery. You will work with the programme manager and engineering leads to plan the scope of work, then lead and coordinate the activities to ensure cost and schedule requirements are attained, delegating responsibility across the various functions as appropriate.
The role demands sufficient breadth of technical leadership, to ensure data driven decisions can be taken to provide decisive direction to the engineering team with the support of Subject Matter Experts and the Design Authority. You will ensure processes are followed by providing sufficient governance of the engineering development activities.
Building effective relationships with stakeholders and effective collaboration are key attributes which the Systems Lead Project Engineer will require. This is a challenging role, but highly rewarding to see products from concept through to customer delivery and beyond.
As a Systems Lead Project Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* A recognised technology based degree, supported by sufficient experience to prove application of systems engineering across the lifecycle.
* A proven track record in leading technical activity in complex projects.
* Proven ability to deliver projects to cost and schedule.
* Able to technically mentor and instruct engineers, who are assigned to support you in the execution of the project.
* Proven experience in Systems Engineering within a safety critical industry, ideally with experience of ARP4754A.
* Use of a requirements management toolsets such as DOORS-NG to perform system requirements validation, decomposition with traceability or to manage the verification of the requirements through a full product lifecycle.
* Experience working in an environment where the development team are located in different sites and countries.
* Experience of different development methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall.
* Experience in Project Management toolsets, such Microsoft Project.
As a Systems Lead Project Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
* Provide technical leadership for the overall engineering team, covering all functions.
* Gather and review engineering inputs for the generation of estimates for bid opportunities.
* Delivering whole lifecycle systems engineering activities within projects, from concept through to in-service.
* Report progress to the programme management and other stakeholders, internal and external.
* Using experience of project management techniques, work closely with the programme manager to plan, track and monitor the status of the activities under your remit.
* Accountable for ensuring the team performs within the constraints (scope, schedule, cost, risk and quality) of the assigned projects.
* Support and/or lead meetings with customers and internal design reviews, including preparation of documentation.
* Ensure the team are applying strict adherence to process compliance, regulation and other business policies.
* Providing expert advice and guidance to mentor the project team, driving best practice through consistency and reduced complexity.
* Identifying opportunities for productivity and cost improvements.
* Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the company.
* Ensure effective knowledge management approaches are embedded.
* Ensure effective lessons learned approaches are utilised, to capture the information and ensure our processes are appropriately updated as a result on a continuous basis.
* Act as the first point of escalation for internal project issues.
* Ensure effective use of the allocated systems resources and close relationship with programme managers and the heads of disciplines for determining manpower requirements.
* Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers, including technical governance.
* Ensure the team have appropriate training, development tools and processes to be successful.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also join a flexible benefits scheme offering private medical insurance, life assurance, matched pension and 25 days holiday per annum with the ability to buy and sell days. We are also happy to offer flexible working and a part-subsidised cafeteria.
Securing success in some of the world's most demanding environments isn't just down to Chelton's failsafe, pioneering technology. From aerospace and defence communications through to navigation and electronic warfare, it's all driven by the people behind it.
Top-level talent pushing boundaries from the moment we first explore requirements. Always looking for new ways to meet tough challenges. And asking the right questions to find answers that redefine capabilities.
At Chelton, we're proud to be on our customers' team. Bringing together smart thinking, technological excellence and future vision - whatever their system ambitions