Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a specialist engineering and manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Pontarddulais. This company are looking to recruit a Quality Inspection Manager. This business fabricate and manufacture specialist equipment used in a wide variety of sectors including oil, gas and pharmaceutical.
They are a profitable and growing global organization with the objective to be number one in the market; the appointment of a competent Quality Inspection Manager is key to their future success. They are looking for those with a "can do" attitude to join their successful team.
The Quality Inspection Manager's role is to help the business maintain a high level of product standards. They will provide overall leadership to the Inspection Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide overall leadership to the Inspection team
* Final inspection for manufactured items.
* Provide daily priorities to inspection team this will involve checking goods in.
* Check parts during the manufacturing process.
* Oversee the required inspection paperwork, first article inspections, pressure test certification, RA certification, weld logs and weld mapping, passivation certification.
* Maintain the reject log and assist with the root cause process.
* Responsible for the overall development and training needs of the inspection staff.
* Liaise with customers and suppliers regarding rejected or returned items.
* Support the Quality department to develop physical standards as a bench mark.
* Encourage the department to develop a continuous improvement and right first-time approach.
* Liaise with the projects department for inspection and testing requirements on all project related orders.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge required
* Experience with a variety of measuring equipment is essential - Including gauges, calipers, micro meters.
* Machining and/or welding background is essential.
* CSWIP 3.0/3.1 would be an advantage.
* CMM experience would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of process pipework would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of spreadsheets with strong administrative skills.
* Reading and understanding detailed engineering drawings.
* Good communication skills and ability to present written and verbal technical information.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and handle interruptions.
* Effectively handle multiple tasks, self-motivation essential.
* Methodical and accurate attention to detail.
Salary & Package
* Salary: £30,000 p/a +, depending on experience.
* Probation: 6 month with training
* Holidays: 5 weeks holiday per annum.
* Pension Scheme: Company pension scheme.
* Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday 08:15am - 16:45pm, Friday 08:15am - 15:30pm
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency