Depot Manager Job in Ferndown
Dovetail Recruitment are pleased to be working with a well-established and reputable family business in recruiting for a Depot Manager to continue to develop and work within their building merchants. This branch supplies to both the trade and the public. This Depot Manager role includes managing goods coming in and out of the site, overseeing the staff and monitoring stock levels to ensure all requirements and orders can be met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan, organise and maintain stock levels of products
* Ensure all equipment is regularly maintained, inspected and services
* Manage the staff rota, and ensuring the correct level of cover
* Take both phone, face to face and email enquiries, and assist customers with their needs and recommend products
* Deal with the specific requirements relating to the sites Health & Safety processes, assist in setting and upholding policy and providing an appropriate response to immediate and future needs within the remit of the role.
* Coach, train and develop staff onsite, ensuring health and safety is adhered to.
* Develop strong relationships with key customers
Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience within a management role
* Strong knowledge and previous use or experience with building supplies
* Hard working with excellent communication skills
* Able to multitask and work well under pressure
Salary and Benefits:
* A salary of circa £36,000 per annum
* Free Parking
* 20 days holiday + bank holiday
* Hours Monday - Friday with two Saturday mornings per month
* Excellent company reputation - fast growing and local