The role of the System Engineering Manager will be to manage the validation of customer requirements during the system design, system assurance, system test and product approval phases, and then to verify these in a purpose-built testing facility prior to delivery to the customer. This role will work be supported by specialists in various fields including:
* System Assurance
* Design Assurance
* Product Assurance
* Cyber Security
* Program Planning
* Project Management
* Human Factors
The System Engineering Manager, in consultation with the Engineering Manager HPC, is responsible for the assurance of the integrated design solution in collaboration with the System Design engineers and their day to day operations. The System Design Authoritys main responsibilities include:
* Producing of programme level design plans and specifications (when required) as well as the system operational manuals which are maintained and updated throughout the design life
* Specification & management of interfaces that ensure complete inter-operability with other key HPC infrastructure and associated third party interfaces as necessary
* Managing Systems Engineer resources, in consultation with the Engineering Manager, to ensure an assured and compliant delivery of design
* Manage Interdisciplinary Design Review process and ensure all design deliverables comply with quality standards
* Approving Multi Discipline documents following acceptance by Lead Design & Systems Engineers
* Maintaining the systems engineering schedule to ensure that systems elements are delivered in a timely manner
* Maintaining and developing quality standards and procedures relating to the design and promote best practice and continuous improvement in nuclear safety and quality.
* Ensuring that all design risks are mitigated to ALARP. Escalate risks and issues that may affect delivery of HPC project or impact on Interfacing Organisations
* Provision of technical data to support validation and assurance activities
* Identify initiatives within the organisation to continually improve the operations performance, the quality of delivery, and our focus on nuclear safety and quality practices in the environment we work
* Verification that the requirements are fully complied with and auditable.
* Shares best practices, lessons learned and updates the technical system architecture as required.
* Identify areas for innovation and continuous improvement.
Business Operations Skills - Experience
* Demonstrable success leading a system engineering team across the entire lifecycle, in a safety or mission critical environment
* Knowledge of working in a highly regulated and safety critical environment, such as nuclear
* Ability to work in a cross functional / matrix environment
* Excellent team working skills
* Strong man management skills
* Collaborative approach to working internally and with other stakeholders
* Ability to work under pressure
* Financial and commercial awareness
* Desirable working Knowledge of Nuclear Safety legislation and how this is applied, monitored and improved within a safety critical or mission critical environment
* Experience in Designing Optical transmission networks.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications
* Significant experience in the development of Integrated Communications Systems and detailed knowledge of the Validation and Verification of an Assured Complex design solution
* Tertiary level of education in ICT / Telecoms or similar
* Knowledge of CDM 2015 Requirements
* Excellent problem solver.
* Commercial and financial awareness applied to design management
* SC Clearance