I am currently assisting a fantastic business in Newcastle with the recruitment of a Financial Reporting Manager.
As the External Financial Reporting Manager, you will report to the Head of Accounting Services to lead and manage a team in the delivery of statutory reporting and the management of technical accounting changes impacting the Business Units.
- Lead, manage and develop the External Financial Reporting Team in the delivery of high-quality external reporting
- Deliver best in class customer service to internal and external stakeholders/customers. Own and monitor performance for the External Financial Reporting Team against agreed service level agreements and budgets
- Production of annual statutory accounts to statutory deadlines, managing an operational level relationship with the auditors, ensuring the audit process progresses and concludes smoothly
- Lead the external audit including planning, issue resolution and audit clearance
- Production of industry specific regulatory reporting, IAS 19 pension reporting and any other statutory reporting to required deadlines in compliance with accounting policies, IFRSs and legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Assist in the scrutiny of journal entries to ensure the source data is as accurate as possible prior to the audit process commencing
- Manage the development and appropriate application of financial accounting policy and procedures in financial reporting
- Provide technical accounting support to the wider finance community, including those team members preparing statutory accounts of Business Unit;
- Write or review accounting policies, process advisories, application notes and other guidance papers, and demonstrate appropriate knowledge, review and challenge of proposed accounting and journals put forward by the business to ensure they comply with accounting policies, IFRSs and underlying data, so that the robustness of financial information is adequately ensured, and there is a clear audit trail;
- Plan, coordinate and present technical training to ensure that Company accounting policy and Business Unit accounting policies and practices are adopted consistently;
- Plan and execute the step plans which relate to restructuring of the Business Unit and BU Other and as precursors to liquidation of surplus entities within Business Unit and BU Other so that steps plans are performed in accordance with UK law and UK GAAP;
- Work as part of the Management Team to support the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of projects and implementation of the strategy;
- Qualified Accountant, with significant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable experience leading large teams of qualified and non-qualified staff in a pressurised reporting environment
- Strong Leadership qualities, with well-developed influencing and communication skills
- Experience in managing key business and client relationships;
- Strong technical knowledge and accounting skills, in IFRSs and UK law;
- Strong reporting skills - statutory accounts preparation and for internal Group reporting;
- Demonstrable experience in developing and applying internal control frameworks;
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- 5% bonus target
- Car allowance £5,200 per annum (or company car)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
To apply please send your CV
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.