Elevation Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with a stable and rapidly expanding group based in Barnsley. They have operations spanning across the UK and are poised for exponential growth over the next 12-24 month. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join them as Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller role is fundamental to managing the accurate reporting of both internal and external financial reporting, enabling the business to make decisions based on robust financial information during a period of rapid change and growth.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
· Monitoring the production of month end Management Accounts, identifying trends and exceptions
· Presenting accurate, timely and reliable information to the board that offers key commercial insights into the performance of the business
· Oversee cash management, including invoicing, credit control and cash flow forecasting
· Interpret commercial data for utilisation of other members of the management team to assist with budgets and potential cost reductions
· Liaise with external auditors and their tax team to produce annual statutory statements
· Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions, insurance brokers and external accountants
· Develop and improve the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of the finance systems, including the introduction of improved internal controls
· Monitor reports on Stock and Shrinkage discrepancies, including cash losses
· Responsibility for all VAT and Corporation Tax matters, including import and export documentation
· Review and sign off Monthly and Fortnightly payroll outputs, including reconciliation of relevant control accounts
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following:
· Have previous experience in a similar role
· Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
· Expert Technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and application
· Experience with currency trading and overseas imports/exports
· Experience of multi-site operations
· Have excellent Excel skills and experience of dealing with large volumes of data
· Experience of Sage Line 50 (or similar)
· Payroll experience is desirable
· Ability to lead, motivate and develop others
This is a really exciting and challenging role which will allow the successful individual to make improvements within the department, provide commercial insight and will therefore be able to have a visible impact on the organisation.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.
Elevation Accountancy & Finance focuses on the recruitment of talented Accountancy and Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees through to post qualified accountants.