Job Title: AccountantLocation: PeterboroughDepartment: FinanceSalary: Up to £35k dependent on experienceCompany Overview
Upp is a private equity backed start-up bringing next level broadband to towns across the East of England. We are removing barriers so our customers can enjoy an uninterrupted connected life with reliable, full fibre to the home broadband. Fast, reliable broadband that covers every corner of your home isn't just nice to have, it's become a necessity and our team is dedicated to delivering it.
We are now looking to recruit an accountant to help support the fast scaling-up of the finance function, helping the business meet its ambitious goals. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and experienced individual who is looking for that next step in their career, supporting the development of a quality finance function within an exciting new business. Key Accountability & Responsibilities
Initial priorities will be:
- To manage the customer billing process working with the newly developed systems to ensure customers are billed accurately.
- Ensure that cash is collected on a timely basis and ensuring the postings/collections to the general ledger and bank account are reconciled to the billings.
In addition, you will also be involved in other accounting work such as processing supplier invoices/payments and reconciling supplier accounts, helping with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and with various accounts analysis work.Knowledge & Skills
- Part-qualified [AAT,] ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills combined with attention to detail.
- Experience of working with accounting systems.
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving environment within a small but fast-growing organisation.
- Strong planning, organisation and time-keeping skills and able to work to deadlines.
- Strong IT skills with experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and cloud accounting packages.
If this Accountant role looks right for you, please apply below now.