Role: Chief Financial Officer About the Company:
Communicate is working with a recognisable, household name theatre based in London in search for a Chief Financial officer to join their team. A prominent performing arts venue, the company distributes their content worldwide to over 60 countries and seasonally hosts sold-out shows across the UK, all while reeling in a turnover of £100 Million annually. Recently, the company has taken a new business approach by distributing its content online as an on-demand service due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.Your New Role:
- Leading the business forecasting and planning process, as well as tracking performance against plan and putting in place required corrective actions with the CEO.
- Working closely with Group Finance to guarantee proper forecasting/planning, tax, treasury, and accounting procedures, as well as the financial control team to support the business's reporting obligations as it grows.
- Maintaining connections with both external auditors and internal auditors. This includes looking into and addressing any concerns that have arisen.
- Controlling expenditures across the Division as needed, including but not limited to headcount, capital expenditures, and personnel expenses (in collaboration with HR).
- Establish scalable, regulated financial and operational procedures - ensuring that the business's operating model is set up to handle high volumes in terms of operational and reporting processes, while balancing efficiency and control.
- Assist functional owners in identifying and realising cost-cutting and strategic possibilities.
- In collaboration with the Group Risk team, integrate suitable risk management techniques into financial and operational operations.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Extensive experience working within the Entertainment/Media space.
- Prior exposure to high growth SME environments
- Entrepreneurial and proactive with great communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong leadership skills.
- A track record of implementing/improving accounting systems.
- Passionate about Entertainment and keen to progress a career in the industry.