Accountancy Recruit is recruiting for a Management Accountant for a global manufacturing company based at the UK head office in Norwich. This is a new role to join the UK finance team due to increased business growth and the requirement to produce additional detailed monthly management reporting, analysis, and commentary. This is an ambitious company in which you will have the opportunity to develop your career and be involved in interesting projects.
The Management Accountant role will extend to involvement in standard costing reports and analysis for presentation to the Senior Leadership Team and will inform strategic decision making.
You may be currently working as a Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant or related role and you may be Part Qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA or already be professionally Qualified. Most importantly you will have a genuine interest in the manufacturing process, be strong in developing professional working relationships with budget holders and aspire to achieve your personal best.
Duties will involve:
- Reporting to and supporting the Finance Director.
- Involvement in the implementation of a new standard costing system.
- Provide monthly analysis on standard costs against actual cost variances.
- Provide monthly analysis on actual verses budget variances.
- Preparation of 13-week cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations generated by the Finance Assistant.
- Assist with the budgeting process.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for Senior Management.
- Fixed asset reconciliation to US parent company.
- Liaise with professional advisors as and when required.
- Provide cover for transactional AP & AR absences month end accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of reports on an adhoc basis.
- Occasional travel to other sites in the UK.
The successful applicant
- A background in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of standard costing would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of an ERP systems
- Strong Excel skills (including pivot tables) and Word.
- Month end reporting, analysis and commentary.
- Strong professional relationship building skills.
- Self-assured and self-motivated.
Remuneration and benefits
- £40-45,000 pa
- Life cover
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays rising with length of service
- Hours: 38 3/4 per week. Monday to Friday 7 am - 4 pm. Friday finish 12 pm.
- Pension - up to 5% company contribution
- Dental/Opticians' insurance plans
- Study support for professional exams if required.
- Career opportunities
- Free parking