Axon Moore are recruiting an exciting role for well-established and growing business based in Kearsley. My client is seeking a Cashier/Accounts Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the role will be mainly to process the cash books within the business and be the key point of contact within finance for all payment and supply chain queries. We are ideally looking for someone with experience in a similar position and who is able to add value to the wider accounts team.
- Process payments to supply chain based on agreed terms
- Provide suppliers with relevant documents in a timely manner
- Management of multiple company cashbooks/, ensuring all are reconciled daily, weekly and monthly according to the accounting system and bank statements
- Keep supply chain data up to date and correct in line with company procedures
- Reconciling supplier statements, ensuring any inconsistencies are reviewed and corrected then remitted in a timely manner
- Generating payments and able to work to short time frames where necessary.
- Support the purchase ledger function where needed
- Previous experience within a Cashier or Accounts Assistant position with exposure to cashbooks and reconciliations
- Fully competent with MS Word, Excel and accounting systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with CIS in the Construction industry is highly beneficial
- Strong work ethic, able to manage deadlines and workloads effectively
- Ability to work in a focused manner and deal with a high volume of transactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to business success and supporting fellow employees
If you would like to hear more about this role, please get in touch with Harriett Busby at Axon Moore