Otto James Executive Services are delighted to have secured a retained search & selection engagement for one of Manchester's most exciting and fast-growing IT / Technology organisations.
Package: £100k to £110k Base
Manchester Based with Home WorkingHead of Commercial Finance
The newly created role, Head of Commercial Finance has come about following a restructure and promotion's within the current Finance team.
The decision has been made, to retain the current "Transactional" finance team within a SSC function, while creating a more commercially focused team, set aside from day to day finance, and tasked with driving optimisation of reporting to the Board.
This step change in the organisations finance and commercial structure, has come about following a cash injection and the gearing towards targeted seismic changes in 3 to 5 years.Key Responsibilities
As Head of Commercial Finance within this new structure, you will have the following duties on your operational roadmap:
Support the boards and departments strategic objectives, report on financial performance and provide key financial leadership.
Foster and develop your teams business partnering relationships with Commercial, Operations, Marketing and Sales Managers, to ensure performance and delivery on accurate forecasting.
Identifying improvements leading to increased accuracy and efficiency of the month-end process.
Automating and innovating across the finance spectrum - Taking your customer base through the finance delivery sequence.
Working with the business and other finance teams to deliver improved management reporting, providing more relevant information to help the business make better decisions.
Engagement across the business - Interacting with Board, Line and Teams
Leading projects on a structured and ad-hoc basis. Time management and Planning of Project delivery schedule.
Responsible for delivering an evolving service, looking at the opportunities for improving the finance partnering model and level of internal customer service
Organisational structure - 30 Day plan for delivery of a What / Where / How on current & future resource.Requirements
Since their creation in 2011, our client has grown exponentially, and their newest venture into support of the hospitality industry, has seen them go from strength to strength.
A fast moving business, with a dynamic board, the successful applicant, must be a good fit both technically and culturally. Experience of working in fast growing, up and coming organisations will be of extreme benefit. This is a role which we are looking for a career defining, step up-in-to.
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA Qualified
- Advanced Excel - Strong modelling skills
- Demonstrable track record of commercial finance experience - able to demonstrate evidence of working in a growing organisation with the ability to bridge the gap between finance and the business
- Proven ability to interpret financial information and results in the context of operational performance
- Present findings in a confident, articulate manner
- Commercially minded, highly analytical with a problem solving mindset
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Experience working with and influencing both financial and non financial stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Robust character with confidence in challenging existing status quo