Job Title: Technical Services Manager
Division: Retail - Logistics & Distribution
Location: North of England / Whole of UK - Travel Required
The rise of e-commerce has had a substantial impact on how retailers need to engage their customers, speed and ease of fulfilment is critical to its success.The retail industry has always had a 'need for speed', but it is increasingly becoming a defining competitive advantage, with time-to-market acceleration being the ultimate differentiator. With over 20 years of experience, we have delivered over 10 million sq ft of large span distribution and logistics buildings throughout the UK and Europe, for some of the world's largest online brands.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to join our Logistics & Distribution division, working on projects valued at £100m. Ideally, you have worked on similar types of projects before including; Mega-Shed's, Large Industrial Builds, Warehouses and Fulfilment Centres.
Here at ISG, everything we do is based around an exceptional delivery dynamic and very strong customer relationships. These relationships are built on mutual trust, collaboration and honest communication. Meanwhile, with an agile culture, we know how to develop thriving places that are created with their future occupants in front of mind. As a Technical Services Manager, you'll provide the kind of precision engineering that will enable us to deliver exceptional quality throughout every project. You'll be part of a multidisciplinary team that takes as much pride in their work as you do, making this an unrivalled environment in which to grow your career.
What's in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• Car/Travel Allowance
• Competitive Family Friendly Policies
• Private medical cover
• Pension matching scheme
• Discount on selected retailers and gyms
• Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
What will you be doing?
You'll manage our building services engineering design and installation process, minimising any risks to the project and to the company. In particular, your role will involve:
• Attending meetings with the client, our designers, specialist contractors and other members of the team
• Reviewing the drawings made by our designers and contractors to check for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements - you'll check the ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements too
• Providing expertise in planning and executing the commissioning process for building services engineering
• Delivering the building services engineering works (or elements of it) on the project, including work done by people under your supervision - you'll have some mentoring responsibilities
• Producing monthly Engineering Services status reports or providing information to support the overall project report
• Inputting into the production of the project programme, contributing Value Engineering skills and representing ISG at pre-qualification, pre-tender and tender meetings and presentations
• Taking part in formal Quality Audits of completed projects
What do you need to bring?
• Ideally, a recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or a similar engineering subject, but it could be that you have the equivalent level of knowledge gained through practical experience
• A willingness to be accountable for your own responsibilities, actions, judgements and decisions, and the ability motivate and communicate with the wider team
• A commitment to excellence and a drive for continuous improvement
• A calm and focused approach, even in difficult situations, and a willingness to address difficult issues to establish the facts
• A track record of getting results, developing others and actively supporting colleagues
How to apply
If you'd like to be part of #TeamISG - to dream smart, speak frankly, always care and never stop learning - the next step is to make your application by following the link below.
Build something special