Buyer wanted for our established and highly respected manufacturing client based in Brierley Hill.
A vacancy has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic Buyer with a recognised background in a procurement environment to work within our purchasing department. Ideally, the successful candidate will have an purchasing background within Manufacturing / Engineering and the self-assurance to generate new ideas, creative thinking and challenging the status quo, whilst having the ability of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team is integral to the position. The candidate should have experience with international suppliers, shipping knowledge and should be familiar with freight terms.
This role of Buyer will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives, assisting the department in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets and leading to successful execution of the plan to facilitate customer orders being met.Duties & responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure planning is on track: Ensure agreed dates for achieving the plan are executed swiftly and then reflected in the plan
- Forecasting business activities and closely managing stock levels ensure materials and components availability on time
- Planning, developing and buying raw materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Help to lower the cost and secure agreements and contribute to introduction of new products
- Liaise with overseas manufacturing plants, travelling to site if necessary, ensuring overseas operations are following through guidelines set by EU
- Liaise with Quality Department to discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
- CIPS Qualification
- Computer Literate inclusive of Microsoft Office suite
- Production planning experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP/SAP
- Recognised experience in a procurement environment within manufacturing / engineering environment
Weekly working hours: 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30)
Salary Guide: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience