One of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of Speciality Organic Chemicals is seeking an experienced Operations Director Designate. To be accountable for safe operation, cost effectiveness and operational excellence within the Production and Engineering Departments
Duties may include:
- The overall management and accountability for the Production and Engineering functions to meet the company's sales, output, manufacturing efficiency, quality, safety and environmental performance targets and standards.
- Direct management of two Manufacturing Cell Managers and the Head of Engineering
- Plan for labour and equipment utilisation throughout the year
- Leadership and Management to ensure compliance with all SHE Policies and Procedures within Production and Engineering operations
- Leadership to reinforce expectations on safe working behaviours.
- External liaison as required with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Supporting commercial strategies with customers and suppliers
- Prioritisation of budget and capital expenditure in line with the 5 years sales plan
- Site Main Controller if required in emergencies.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in chemical synthesis.
- Experience in SHE requirements and process safety management (preferably gained in a COMAH environment).
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others.
- Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively.