Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant or Welfare Officer seeking a new opportunity?
Tradewind recruitment is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a secondary school in Tower Hamlets to start ASAP. This role is full-time until the end of the academic year. In this role, you will be working with 2 students in years 8 & 9 who are both wheelchair users.
Daily duties will include morning transport to school, an ability and training in hoisting and manual handling. Morning start with PECS (cards) & Makaton. You will also be required to assist with personal care for PMLD.
One to One support is expected from the hours of 8:15am to 15:30pm. You will have a 20 minute break and one hour lunch. Daily rate is £70-75 per day.
The school is looking for:
- Previous experience working with a child with PMLD preferably in a Secondary school setting
- Trained in Hoist and manual handling
- Trained with pecs AND/OR Makaton
- Experience working with students with either SEN or challenging behaviour
- Candidates with a youth working background are encouraged to apply
The school is located in Tower Hamlets with excellent access to public transport links.
To join us and be successful in this SEN TA/welfare role you will need to provide the following:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary.
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent.
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward.
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as SEN TA/Welfare Office role in Tower Hamlets, London. Or for more information about the role, contact Cherie Kelly on /
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer. We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding.