Are you looking for flexible work to fit around existing commitments? Do you live in the Reading area? Are you passionate about gaming? Have you ever wanted to contribute to the process of video games being released?
We have a client based in Thames Valley Park who is in constant need of temporary workers to test games and we are looking to increase the size of our pool of available temps for this project.
Whilst the role is temporary, the project is on-going so if you are successful in the selection process and show aptitude for testing games whilst on site you could potentially continue to be requested for this role indefinitely.
Our client is open 7 days a week, but more temps are required between Wednesday and Saturday, so the willingness and ability to work at weekends is essential.
Shifts are usually offered with 1 day's notice based on the client's workload, which is variable day-to-day and week-to-week.
The hourly rate for this role is the current minimum/living wage. This role is not remote.
- Following test scripts and investigating issues.
- Logging test results and writing bug reports.
- Escalating issues to your team lead.
Requirements for the role:
- Must be available to work most (if not all) weekends. At the very least, you must be available most Saturdays.
- Must be over 18 years of age due to age rating restrictions on the products in test.
- Must have interest in and experience of playing video games (Xbox preferred). This knowledge is essential for this role those who do not play video games need not apply.
- Must be based within 1 hour's commute of the work location to allow for last minute requested due to the ad-hoc nature of the client's work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Time management and organisation.
- IT skills.
- Enthusiasm and a proactive attitude to work.
- Interest in game development (preferred).
- Previous experience in games industry (preferred).
- If successful you will be added to a pool of temps who are resourced daily based on the clients demand.
- You will not be obligated to accept any offered shifts, but neither are you guaranteed to be offered any.
- When a shift is offered you will receive a call between 1PM and 6PM the day before to confirm that you are still available for it.
- We will require you to share your availability for the project weekly via survey.
If you are interested, please apply online to be considered.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK