We currently have an AWS Technician position available for a motivated individual to join our team at our Coswarth Depot in Newquay. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 per annum depending on experience/HGV qualification plus excellent benefits including shift allowance, OT where available, and a company vehicle.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
About the role of AWS Technician:
Working as part of a friendly and supportive team, you will undertake all necessary operational maintenance, repair and exercising of all AWS equipment so that you can deploy and operate AWS kit when needed whilst always adhering to Health, Safety & Security policies. You are happy to work on a shift pattern rotation.
Responsibilities as our AWS Technician include:
- The maintenance and repair of supply interruption mitigation equipment, including Line stopping & by-passing tools, Hydrant Wizard, Ferrule replacement and Under pressure valve installation (EZValve)
- Ensuring company Supply Interruption ODI is at the forefront of all operations
- Providing AWS and SI mitigation packages to AWS and NT techs - for example, designing & mapping locations of overland hoses, tanker hook-ups and new valve installations
- Working in accordance with all associated QMS procedures and ensuring an awareness level of them is maintained through self-learning/understanding
- Being aware of and compliant with all requirements to protect the environment as a consequence of network operational duties
- Supporting and undertaking any such other activities needed within the Water Distribution network to ensure its operation, including Trunk main walking, Mains flushing and Leak detection
- Carrying out all requisite tasks in such a way that contamination is prevented and understanding what action to take in the event of contamination or suspected contamination.
- Participating in defined standby and call out rotas as necessary
What we are looking for in our AWS Technician:
- Full UK B driving license
- Good general standard of education with a minimum of a GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English, Maths and a Science
- Generally experienced in mechanical duties i.e. first-line maintenance of equipment, pumps, valves, etc
- Proven experience of working within a water supply environment
What's in it for you?
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
- Generous holiday
- Contributory pension
- Your own company vehicle
- Overtime allowance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Excellent ongoing training and development opportunities
- Various health benefits
Closing date: Thursday 27th July 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our AWS Technician - we look forward to receiving your application