SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (BIDS)
Competitive Rate - (IR35 Determination: OUTSIDE)
12 Month (initial contract length)
The successful candidate will be working closely with all disciplines within the Bids and Tendering department and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, consistent winning bids, and effectively mobilising these to the project delivery team.
The Role will Involve:
* Support the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award.
* Support the definition and implementation of a winning bid strategy ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements.
* Preparation and coordination of engineering tender documentation
* The development of contract specific specifications
* Support the preparation of review meeting materials and the close-out of actions.
* Produce system solutions, supported where necessary with estimate calculations.
* Supporting the business leads in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client
* Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery.
* Assist Bid Manager in bid preparation and support during client negotiations.
* Provide office based technical back-up and support to Bid Managers.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
* Experience in a Signalling Engineering company
* Significant signalling knowledge
* Experience/Knowledge of the way in which railway projects are managed and delivered to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. engineering, planning and project implementation.
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio.
For more information and a full job description, email your C.V to j a k e . p a r k e r
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals