Cordius is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join a well-known high street retailer in their state-of-the art distribution centre. The Distribution centre has over a million sq. ft. capacity; operates on 24/7/365 basis and is looking for a talented engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reactively maintaining a range of automated equipment; with a specific focus on availability; you will achieve business and departmental goals / objectives through continuous improvement as part of a team-based culture.
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme (ST5)
Skills: Electrical Maintenance; Mechanical Maintenance; PLC's, ASI/Profibus
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI's
* When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer's recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
* Undertake risk assessments in line with company requirements in relation to persons, plant, equipment, property, environment and health and safety.
* Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
* Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance.
* Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives.
* Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have ESSOW's (Engineering Safe System of Work) written for them.
* Provide an effective fault response service to be available at all times in line with business requirements.
* Assist with forecast and control of annual budget expenditure.
* Ensure all drawings and documentation on equipment is up to date.
* Ensure all reporting, recording and administration requirements are achieved.
* Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates