The business relationship manager (BRM) is a senior-level, strategic IT colleague who shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results with their business partners. The BRM owns peer-level and often one up relationship serving as a single point of focus, working to converge functions in the Commercial space specifically focused on supporting the efforts to optimize and scale 45+ consumer and customer facing websites in McCormick's portfolio. This is achieved by stimulating, surfacing, and shaping demand for capabilities and assets and assisting with connected marketing technologies to ensure business objectives are achieved and the company is realizing value from the investments made.
Through effective relationship management the BRM contributes to the business partner leadership team by actively partnering with business peers to determine strategic direction. They work to identify ways in which the BRM's function can support and advance business objectives.
· Partner with business leadership to articulate their needs and requirements that will advance business, allowing for planning of new joint initiatives, proposal evaluation & fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
· Enable and promote business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
· Think strategically to identify business function opportunities and adoption, including measurements to inform future roadmap and opportunities.
· Lead as the strategic interface between the BRM's function and business partner to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand.
· Collaborate with appropriate teams to drive work (change management to ensure effective business transformation and PMO to ensure a healthy and well-managed portfolio.
· Ensure potential business value from assets and capabilities is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
· Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner's business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
· Ensure that project/program managers of business partner projects are knowledgeable about the business partner and their objectives; engage as a project/program stakeholder, including evaluating project efforts and progress against joint strategic plans and objectives.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related subject.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT.
· Minimum of 5 years of people leadership experience.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in digital supporting websites which includes 3 or more years leveraging a managed services partner.
· Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal
· Ability to build relationships and drive credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
· Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win/win outcomes at executive levels
· Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
· Solid understanding of IT and Sales assets and capabilities to with an ability to identify gaps and improvement areas.
· Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
· Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
· Able to focus on business value results, rather than solutions by leveraging technical aptitude, requirements management, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our "Power of People" principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer