PGS have been retained by one of the UK's largest Facilities Management and Professional Services companies to source the Director of Operational Excellence for their brand-new state of the art Technical Services Operations Centre (TSOC).
The Operational Excellence Director will have responsibility for the following functions within the Operations Centre (Approx 30 Operational performance / excellence employees, also indirect responsibility for over 200 external TSOC staff):
1. Supply Chain Performance Management - All suppliers performance over the clients Technical Services.
2. Supply Chain Quality Management - Transactional audit (Approve to Pay).
3. Operational Performance Management.
4. MI - Analysing Data, assisting Performance Management.
5. External TSOC Accounts - Compliance to process & Procedures, opportunity to view benefits.
You will also be responsible for:
1. Indirect reporting & governance of all policy and procedures, for the afore mentioned departments.
2. Cultural adoption.
3. Provide leadership to the team, coach, mentor and develop direct reports that can manage high performing teams that deliver continuous improvement, added value and exceptional customer service.
4. Drive the clients core values and behaviours and embedding them into the teams and ways of working.
5. Maintain and deliver company targets set by your Superiors.
6. Lead any complaints that have been escalated in an efficient and professional manner with corrective actions until resolution.
7. Be and advocate and leader in "Continuous Improvement" on Performance.
8. Maintain regular contact with customers (Internal) to ensure continued satisfaction, creating positive relationships, identifying potential problems early and giving the necessary management discretion and support to put them back on track.
9. Look for business solutions that add value to existing and potential customers.
10. Ownership of the department Cost Centre.
The correct candidates will have the following person specification:
1. Demonstrable experience in a large organisation on Performance Management.
2. Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills that can bring disparate groups together achieving broad commitment to the strategic direction of the Group and the plans that will deliver it.
3. Demonstratable management experience in an extensive supply chain portfolio
4. A strategic thinker, who is able to create innovative solutions and deliver a compelling view of the direction and performance of the TSOC.
5. Proactive approach to innovation and problem solving.
6. Relevant technical qualifications and industry experience.
7. Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
8. Acute Financial acumen (especially within the supplier approach).
9. Good communicator, at all levels, and has the ability to present their case competently and fluently - both verbally and in writing.
10. Management skills based upon practical people management experience and client issues.
For more information, please contact Charles Blockley