VD Recruitment is recruiting for a Nursery Practitioner for one of South London's finest Childcare provider and a Ofsted 'Good' rated nursery.
We are looking for passionate Nursery Practitioner with strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. The individual must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children.
This is a full time permanent role with 40 hours/week working with rotating early and late shifts.
Salary Offered -£20,000 to £22,000 based on experience
Location - Mitcham, CR4
Duties & Responsibilities for the Nursery Practitioner role:
• Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognize both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
• Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery policy and guidelines.
• Observe each child's progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the room / nursery / outing.
• Understand and participate in the key person system. To ensure that your own key children learning journey/ profiles are up to date and maintained at the required quality level.
• Work in partnership with parents/carers, recognizing that parents are their children's first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
• As a Nursery Practitioner would assist and attend parents' meetings and open days.
• Help Maintain the safety and security of all children, employees and visitors to the Nursery.
• Help carry out regular assessments to ensure all Nursery Health and Safety procedures are followed.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the children and their surroundings at all times.
Experience & Skills Required for Nursery Practitioner:
• Level 3 in Childcare & Education or QTS
• Good sound knowledge of the EYFS
• Experience in a nursery setting
• First Aid qualified
• Key Person experience
• Good written and communication skills
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team APPLY NOW