Vitality, Junior Product Owner, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our Junior Product Owner, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Junior Product Owner, you will be accountable for the daily management (shaping/grooming/refining) of the backlog for digital and/or backend system teams. You will also work with the Product Team and the business to define the short to medium-term product strategy and be accountable for delivering the 0-3 month product roadmap.
Responsibilities as our Junior Product Owner will include:
- Undertaking the daily management and ownership of their development team backlog, prioritisation, all business benefits and KPIs related to the journeys
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to define and communicate the product development roadmap and priorities
- Breaking down and prioritising the delivery of product features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
- Leading sprint planning meetings with the scrum team reviewing previous and current sprints, stating the sprint goal, explaining feature priorities and guiding the team on the deliverables required to meet the sprint goal
- Leading sprint review and demos of delivered capability and value to the business stakeholders
- Leading sprint retros and contributing to the ongoing team continuous improvement process
- Working with UX, design, performance and optimisation teams to drive improvements across key journeys delivered by the product
- Working collaboratively with the Heads of, User Experience, Business Process Owners and Scrum Team to deliver the desired customer outcomes and organisational goals of the product
- Providing technical input into the business cases that are produced by the Product Manager and Business Owner
What we are looking for in our ideal Junior Product Owner:
- Educated to degree level
- A performance-driven individual - creative, highly numerate, analytical and results-focused
- Knowledge of PMI industry and agile product development
- Advocacy of the user and proven champion of the customer experience
- Experience building consumer/user quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator
- The ability to lead and facilitate meetings (e.g. lead scrum ceremonies and workshops to elicit requirements) with business and technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to move between strategic discussions with senior stakeholders to tackle on the ground agile coaching with scrum teams
- Strong analytical skills and be able to work with our analytics team to review the performance of our journeys and identify areas of improvement~
- Evidence of a proactive approach to self-improvement and appetite to stay in tune with market trends
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th July 2021
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Junior Product Owner, then please click 'apply' today