We are inviting applications for IT Support Manager for an international Bank based in their Head office London. This is a permanent position reporting IT Head in the Bank.
The role has the potential to optionally develop into a dual application and test analyst focused role.
About the Role
The primary duties of this role are to:
* Resolution of L1 & L2 issues- Analyse and prioritise incidents for the application (Core Banking Solution- Finacle) reported by the end users. Incident and Problem Management to defined service levels. Conduct investigations to provide a solution or a short-term workaround (in consultation of L2) and permanent fixes.
* Detailed analysis of issues that need escalation to L3 (product team) and track till closure.
* Communicate with the users/internal stakeholders until incident root cause resolution.
* Manage and deploy technical changes driven by Change Requests and Problem management. Commit to maintaining the change management document & logs. Carry out project related work, both on your own and in collaboration with L2 support developers.
* Provide subject matter expertise for business change and development
* Liaise with end users and business stakeholders
* Undertake application testing as part of the user sanity test lifecycle
* Day to day management of a complex application suite, improving stability and performance over time
* Improve processes, tools and procedures as needed
* Perform low complexity development tasks if/when support tasks allow it
* Support the evidence requirements for the internal audit, IT general controls work.
Your essential skills
* Degree in computer science.
* Minimum 3yrs of retail banking application support preferably Finacle.
* A solid understanding of SQL Server relational databases including the ability to construct relatively complex SQL queries.
* Unix & shell scripting knowledge
* Ability to interpret log files, debug the errors and analyse message data structures.
* Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
* Knowledge of Retail Banking application is essential.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high- pressure environment.
* A desire to learn quickly those technical and business concepts with which you are unfamiliar.
* A pride in your work and an excellent attention to detail
* Effective time management and organisational skills