Law Cost Draftsman
Elite Search Associates are delighted to be recruiting for a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence.
Due to growth within the company, my client is now looking to appoint an experienced Cost Draftsman to join their well respected and highly rewarded team.
* Supporting costs case handlers with a full range of drafting requirements.
* Drafting formal bills for Detailed Assessment
* Drafting N260 statements of costs
* Preparing risk assessments
* Assisting with drafting Budgets
This opportunity also offers excellent career development prospects for the right candidate, as the firm offers training contracts or support through the ACL qualification, for those candidates who prove themselves.
Experience required for this position
* 2 to 5 year's personal injury claimant costs experience
* Completion of a legal qualification
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Drafting skills associated with completing Precedent H, R and Q and finalising formal bills
* Experience of working to target
* You should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a pressurised and highly motivated team environment.
* You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
* Knowledge of time recording procedures
* Analytical skills and attention to detail are essential.
* You must consistently produce work which is highly accurate and well-presented.
* The role involves the use of IT systems and therefore computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential.
* Experience of using Proclaim Case Management System and Costs Master software.
* Experience of working in house.
Remuneration and Benefits
* Starting salary is £30,000 but my client can be negotiable depending upon your experience
* Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
* Remote working is available with flexibility
* 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
* 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
* Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
* Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
* Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
* Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
* Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
* Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
If you are the perfect candidate for this post please apply today, or for more information, please contact Leanne at Elite Search Associates
Not for you, but know the perfect person for this role? Elite Search Associates offer referral fees for any successful referrals, so please share! #SharingIsCaring