We have a compelling vision to become one of the largest heating businesses in the UK. By bringing together our five successful businesses and pooling our individual strengths we will build a business with an enviable service and product offering for both our existing and new customers.
We are currently going through an exciting period of expansion & change, we require a support engineer to assist the Group Systems Manager, both in the day to day and long-term function of the company's IT infrastructure. There are various projects currently underway which you will be involved in.
Using the latest ERP software, we are looking for a tech savvy individual with ERP experience as well as knowledge of active directory / office 365 / general Hardware and software support.
Support the day to day running of our server and hardware infrastructure
• Set up new users and roll out deployments of updates to software
• Liaise with 3rd party support providers when required
• Support our mobile deployment with over 50 engineers with phones, due to group restructure this number will grow significantly
• Support the users with our ERP software & General IT support issues.
• To provide any other IT related tasks and cover for the Systems Manager as required
• This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform other reason duties as requested to meet the needs of the business.
• Demonstrate an understanding of what service delivery excellence is for your role, ensuring you deliver the basics right every time and lead a team where service is central to good performance.
• Set clear objectives for your team members providing regular feedback on performance.
• Manage performance across the team to ensure the achievement of service delivery targets in line with Service Level Agreements
• Manage any employee relations issues in line with the policies set out by the business
• Coach and develop the team to ensure they perform at a high level, ensuring colleagues maintain appropriate knowledge of the business products
• Address any training and development needs and ensure teams have a personal development plan.
• Awareness of your operational and regulation risks which may impact on your operations.
• Responsibility for reporting to your line manager any risk which may impact the business
Managing Health & Safety
• Liaising with the Compliance Manager to ensure operations and delivery is in line with the framework set.
Qualifications/Skills & Experiences
* Knowledge of ERP software is required, and knowledge of Protean Software is desirable
* Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems
* Knowledge of Mobile Devices (Apple & Android), setup and support in an MDM environment.
* Understanding of network infrastructure and technology
* Analytical and problem-solving skills are essential across a broad spectrum of ICT disciplines
* Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals
* Ability to prioritise work received via telephone, email and helpdesk based on business or user impact in a fast paced & often demanding environment.
* Strong communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external support contractors to ensure levels of service are always attained
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* Must understand the concept of internal customers and work along with the Systems Manager to help ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of the firm's systems to deliver
* A minimum three years' experience working within IT Support
* Customer focussed
* Organised and methodical
* Remote Desktop Services
* VPN & Firewalls
* IP Telephone Systems - IP Office
* SQL Server
Whats on offer?
Great team working and fun environment
Fantastic leadership and opportunity to develop and grow