The role of the Communications Officer with our client offers an opportunity to be part of the development and growth story of this hugely successful organisation where you will not only have the prospects to develop your Communications skills but also be actively involved in working closely with members of the Board and Senior Management Team members.
The dedicated team consists of 4 key members - The Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations, Client Relationship Manager, The Communications Officer and Client Support. The Communications Officer will lead on all aspects of communication, both internally with employees and externally with Shareholders and Clients.
The role involves producing and distributing regular internal communications such as the Staff newsletter and regular blogs and emails on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Investment Officer and members of the Executive Committee.
The role will also mean that you will have responsibility for monitoring daily Press coverage of the Company, its Peer Group, its Clients, Stakeholders and 3rd parties of interest such as external fund managers.
You will also be responsible for producing and distributing Press Releases to the media and handling any incoming Press enquiries. As a brand Ambassador you will also be expected to ensure that the Company is positively represented in the media.
The Communications Officer will also be responsible for all digital communication including the Corporate website and social media channels such as Linkedin.
The Company also hosts a number of events throughout the year and the Communications Officer is expected to lead on this function, co-ordinating guest speakers and presentations, ensuring that the events are well attended, well executed with strong content and resulting in high satisfaction levels from all attendees.
You will be expected to work as part of the team and will be required to support the Head of Client Services & Stakeholder Relations.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of working in a Client facing communications / relationship capacity, preferably within an asset management or professional services company
* An understanding of investments and financial markets is highly desirable but not essential
* Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, particularly within local government is also desirable but not essential
* First class interpersonal, collaborative and communication and presentation skills.
* Must be articulate, presentable and confident
* Must be a proficient user of PowerPoint, Excel, Share Point and WordPress.
* Experience of using Meltwater would be an advantage
* Previous experience of dealing with media would be useful
* Degree preferred, but not essential