Job Title: PALLET LEAD DESIGN ENGINEER
Location: Castle Bromwich & Gaydon
Hourly Rate: £31.50ph Umbrella Company (inside IR35)
Employment Type: Contract (31.03.2022)
Hours: Full-Time - 40 hours per week
Order Number: 37129
This is a Lead Design Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities will include leading teams who will deliver (under your guidance and control) the timely delivery of Pallet Designs, to our Internal Manufacturing Centre, and to our External Pallet Manufacturing Partners.
* You will lead Teams both Inhouse Design Teams (made up of Staff and Agency), and Offshore Design Teams, our Offshore Design Team Partners (Vendor Partners).
* You will be expected to be able to manage the supply of Pallet Designs, guide and Lead in Pallet Design, and help offer Design Solutions.
* You will be expected to Lead our offshore Vendor Design Partners.
* You will be responsible for Cost, Quality, Timing and efficient delivery.
* You will represent our Dept in Pallet Design, having regular communication and presentations to Seniors in our Dept, as well as Customers and Customer Managers and Directors
Skills / Experience Required:
* Must have Pallet Designer Experience and Knowledge
* Must be an excellent communicator, to internal teams
* Must be an excellent communicator with our Internal Customers and Seniors
* Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge
* Must be able to demonstrate 3D Catia Design experience, 2D Manufacturing Drawing, Bill of Material, Profile Drawings experience.
* Experience of Communicating to a Team, to Seniors / Directors, to Internal Customers
* Experience of Problem Solving
* Experience of working with a Pallet Manufacturing Facility Clear, concise and communication across Interfacing Teams, and across a Global Team Base
* INSIDE IR35
* Location: at this time, probably 100% Castle Bromwich. In a few months, it may be more balanced (split) to CB / Gaydon