Post title: 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Setting: Arc School Ansley
Contract: Fixed-term (12 months)
Arc School Ansley is seeking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children's homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. Our schools and homes support children and young people living with social, emotional and mental health problems (SEMH) and specific learning difficulties, which affects their learning and ability to do everyday things. Our dedicated autism (ASC) schools work with young people who are high functioning and have associated needs such as mental health problems, attention deficit hyperactive disorder and learning difficulties. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Arc School Ansley is an independent specialist day school in Ansley, a small village, for children and young people aged between 11 and 17. Many of our young people have experienced significant difficulties in mainstream school as a result of their associated social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We support our children and young people through specialist teaching and intervention including a range of therapeutic supports.
Main Roles and Responsibilities include:
* Support and/or supervise the teaching activities of individuals or groups of students to ensure their safety
* Use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical and emotional needs of individuals and groups of students, including those pupils with special educational, physical or emotional needs
* Understand the learning objectives, content and intended outcomes for the learning activities in which students are involved and support in monitoring student progress
* Promote positive behaviour. Model high level social and communication skills and give appropriate support when needed
* Contribute to the de-escalation and management of challenging behaviour in children and young people, modelling a consistent approach
* Assist the subject teacher in the planning and implementation of strategies to support students in accessing the curriculum in accordance with their Special Educational Needs
* Be part of a key team around the young person in order to maintain consistent support, communication and updated support plans
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
* Competitive salary
* Company Pension Scheme
* The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
* The support to progress in your career
* Ongoing opportunities for continued professional development and training
* A friendly, passionate and committed team of colleagues
* Employee perks:
* cycle to work scheme
* discounts on shopping and cinema tickets
* birthday treats
* employee of the month award
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour, meet the requirements for the role and share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Note for recruitment agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you