We have a fantastic opportunity for a Property Accounts Officer to join our team in Waterloo. This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home-based. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum.
About the Property Accounts Officer role:
This role will be responsible for providing property accounting (rent and service charge setting) across the entire portfolio of customers ranging from general needs to supported housing to market rents/intermediate market rents and leasehold/freehold housing. The units themselves comprise a number of sites and site types ranging from Victorian street properties to single and multiple block estates.
Responsibilities of our Property Accounts Officer include:
- Ensuring accurate estimation and reconciliation of service charges for existing schemes & new developments to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Calculating rents and service charges for each agreed cycle within the development programme for review providing guidance and support to development and ensuring compliance with current legislation
- Calculating rent charges for existing stock ensuring these are within the rent standard and enter the new rent charges onto Bluebox and QL
- Processing rent and service charge account adjustments ensuring all necessary authorisation is received and paperwork is properly approved and saved on designated shared drive
- Monitoring information on target rents so that there is assurance that social rents are being set in line with target rents
- Ensuring all invoices that require verification are passed to group payments in agreed timescales raising any challenges with the supplier as soon as possible
- The allocation of month-end property costs in Bluebox ensuring that costs are accurately coded to block-level feeding back discrepancies to the relevant departments in a timely fashion
- Carrying out monthly variance monitoring of all property expenditure against income charged
- Responding to audit queries from external auditors on the annual service charge certification of accounts in accordance with legislation and the legal requirements
- Overseeing external managing agents to ensure all demands and notifications are served in accordance with legislation and the head lease
- Accurately controlling council tax expenditure in relation to void properties within regional remit
- In conjunction with the Rent Business Partners, supporting the production of the annual rent setting budget
- In conjunction with the Service Charge Business Partners, supporting the process in agreeing the service charge budgets and actual charges to residents
- Compiling necessary information from relevant systems to respond to rent appeals and service charge queries from tenants within agreed timescales
As our Property Accounts Officer, we are looking for:
- At least 2 years experience working in a residential/commercial property and accounting environment with particular emphasis on service charge administration
- Experience of using housing management systems and financial systems (SUN, Northgate, QL and Bluebox is desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of rent and service charge processes is desirable
- A thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practise for the setting of fixed and variable service charges and the application of the RSH Rent Standard ensuring we are compliant
Closing date: Thursday 22nd July 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Property Accounts Officer, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST