Job Title: Shift Technician
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 30.8.21, potentially temp to perm for the right candidate
Umbrella £20.25 per hour
OT rate for night shifts *1.33
Compliance: Standard DBS required, can be applied for once succesful
Working hours: 4 on and 4 off nights and days. 7 am - 7 pm.
Full location: Royal Papworth Hospital, Papworth Road, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AY
PURPOSE: To undertake planned preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with the running of a large hospital.
The post holder shall perform CP duties for which they are suitably experienced, trained or qualified and appointed.
1. To support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within Papworth Hospital.
1. To comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety legislation and in accordance with Health Technical Memorandums (HTM) and Health Building Notifications (HBN).
1. To work safely on LV/HV and generated electrical systems in accordance with all statutory electrical regulations and health and safety legislation and regulations as appointed Competent Person (LV) for Skanska FS.
1. To take responsibility for the maintenance of hospital equipment, plant, services and systems including undertake inspection and testing of electrical and mechanical equipment and installations (including portable appliances).
1. To work safely on mechanical systems in accordance with all statutory mechanical regulations and health and safety legislation and regulations as appointed Competent Person for SFS on one or more of the following systems:-
* LV / HV
* Boiler & Pressure Systems
* Medical Gas
* Confined Spaces
1. To take responsibility for the maintenance of all aspects of mechanical systems including HVAC plant, washroom services, sterilisers, bedpan macerators / washers, disinfectors and other mechanical equipment ancillary plant and systems.
1. To diagnose faults and repair within the PMS time periods a variety of electrical and mechanical complex equipment in accordance with Health Technical memorandums (HTM's) and Health Building Notifications (HBN).
1. To actively participate in the operation and control of engineering planned maintenance scheme and to complete all report sheets and test certificates where necessary.
1. To carry out installations for new work or alterations in compliance with legislative and hospital regulations, such as IEE Regulations
1. Work within fine tolerances and calibrate sensitive equipment within safety guidelines
1. To undertake any training as required and to provide training, guidance, technical advice and support to trainees and maintenance assistants
1. All employees will engage in and support Skanska to create a culture of customer service and care via the IFE programme for both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
* BTEC/HNC or City & Guilds Craft certificate or equivalent
* A recognised apprenticeship
* Certificate in 17th Edition IEE Regulation (Current)
* As defined by the latest edition of The Electrical Safety Code for Low Voltage Systems for Competent Person (LV).
* Competent person for "other" mechanical systems.
* Good knowledge of H&S Legislation and some knowledge of COSHH
* Basic computer skills
* Experience of building maintenance and systems
* Experience of working in a hospital environment
* Experience of working on specialist hospital equipment
* Experience of lone working
* Knowledge of hospital specifics (HTM's)
* Knowledge of hospital Health Building Notifications (HBN
APPLY NOW FOR AN IMMEDIATE START