This is a rare opportunity to join a business revolutionising the housebuilding sector through industry leading technology and manufacturing processes. Their ambitious new strategy means a second state of the art manufacturing site needs to be established to meet volume targets. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to work in a high-growth Private Equity backed company and wants to play a part in delivering that significant growth.
The business is looking for a high calibre Financial Controller to work in partnership with the Chief Commercial Officer to ensure the new facility is delivered on time and with budget over the next two years, after which point the Financial Controller will take responsibility for Finance once production starts. The individual will need to be a problem solver who cannot only prepare and report the numbers, but also work with the team to solve problems and challenge decision making.
The successful individual will be:
- A key member of the team responsible for the delivery of the factory, on time and on budget.
- Ensure that the delivery cost (opex and capex) is tracked and reported on clearly and support the Head of Programme in managing and controlling this cost.
- Provide a point of liaison between the project and the Finance team to ensure reporting is compatible with both sets of requirements, and funding requests are well signalled and understood.
- Working on potential funding sources for the programme, potentially including government funding.
- Provide commercial analysis and scrutiny to the delivery of the factory, ensuring initiatives and decisions are evaluated in a transparent and numerical manner.
- Provide financial and covenant information to partners, primarily the new building landlord. · Provide finance support in the transition of the factory from a development project into a live operation running at full capacity.
The ideal candidate will be:
A qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with strong knowledge of cost and management accounting gained with the manufacturing, setting up a manufacturing facility or production line environments. Excellent budgeting and cash flow knowledge, strong attention to detail and the ability to build relationships and be seen as a member of the leadership team.