We are looking for an Account Receivable Credit Controller to join our Finance team as soon as possible!The new AR Credit Controller will be managing the sales ledger debtors by chasing payments, allocating cash and resolving queries relating to the debtors' accounts.This is a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. Please apply only if immediately available.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raising client invoices and miscellaneous bookings on debtor accounts.
- Credit checking and setting up of new debtor accounts.
- Raising credit notes against incorrect invoices as per the SODA.
- Running and posting monthly customer statements for NCP.
- Preparing overdue invoice listing extracted from the debtor accounts in Oracle Financials.
- Chasing payment for overdue invoices by phone, email and letter.
- Resolving queries arising from debt chase enlisting operational, commercial and property teams' assistance where necessary.
- Managing dunning process by preparing and sending out 1st, 2nd and legal letters and
dealing with customer responses.
- Banking cheques received.
- Allocating cheque and BACS payments to debtor accounts on the sales ledger and matching to invoices in Oracle.
- Performing, at month end, a reconciliation to ensure that all invoices and credit notes are
coded correctly on the system.
- Preparing accrual journals at month end for Other Receipts Revenue.
- Preparing aged debt summary and ageing reports Weekly and for month end reporting.
- Assisting in weekly balancing.
- Preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations relating to debtors.
- Reconcile using Adra balancer, Oracle and TM1.
- Ensure controls are in place to ensure Compliance with J Sox.
- Conduct Bankline duties.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- A-level education (or higher) or qualified by experience
- Finance qualification (desirable)
- Good accounting ability, i.e. to complete reconciliations
- Be fully conversant in Microsoft Office
- Good Knowledge of Excel including setting up easy to read & follow spreadsheets/reports and working with & understanding formulas
- Oracle Financial experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the retail, hospitality or property sectors (preferable)
- Attention to detail and presentation of reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Use of initiative when problem-solving, including providing innovative solutions to issues and their anticipated responses
- A pro-active, conscientious and enthusiastic attitude to work
Base salary: £25,000; 25 days annual leave + 1 day off on your Birthday; Spotlight reward and recognition scheme; free onsite parking; discounted gym memberships; a dynamic and exciting environment!