REF: NBO51713Industry: HealthcareEmployment Type: Contract (Likely 15 months)Location: Central LondonSalary Guide: £95,000 - £110,000 + benefits
Our client, an established and very successful healthcare business, is looking for an Interim Head of Finance to cover a maternity leave. The successful candidate will ensure that the financial records for the UK group are prepared on a timely basis and manage the day to day running of the Finance team. Ideally starting in the next few weeks, this is likely to be a 15-month contract.
- Oversee the preparation of reporting packs and analysis of variances to budget, including the review of the profit and loss and balance sheet for all group subsidiaries.
- Oversee the preparation of the group statutory accounts.
- Supervision and development of finance staff in conjunction with the CFO.
- Ownership of and responsibility for reporting to the CFO of daily cash flow forecasts and medium-term cash flow forecasts.
- Establish and review appropriate metrics / KPIs / flash reports to enable the executives and senior managers to monitor business performance.
- Support the CFO in the completion of ad hoc tasks and board actions for the Group.
- Take responsibility for the prompt investigation of any customer or supplier billing issues and disputes and promptly escalate to the CFO recommendations for resolution.
- Deliver continuous improvement of finance processes including but not limited to inventory, billing, credit control, and Board reporting in conjunction with the CFO and make regular recommendations of the CFO for improvements.
- Ensure that tax obligations are met in a timely manner and make recommendations to the CFO.
- Provide accurate financial information for new tenders and pricing and provide analysis on existing contracts.
- Qualified Accountant with strong financial and management reporting skills gained in industry.
- Recent working knowledge of operating in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment.
- Detail-orientated with proven experience of working to tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Strong IT skills; knowledge of Dynamics would be advantageous.
- Strong team management skills.
- Healthcare experience advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.