Main Scope of Role
The role will take ownership of key reporting requirements to the shareholders which includes annual budget, quarterly reporting (and re forecasting) and ad hoc analysis on key matters.
The role will seek to utilise the information across the business to increase speed of decision making, increasing efficiency and support the continued growth of the business.
The role will also be required to develop and take ownership for all business wide financial and non-financial Management Information (MI). In addition, the role will support the Finance Director on ad hoc projects.Key Result Areas
- Develop a close working relationship with the Finance Director and the shareholder representative.
- Develop close and trusted working relationships with all department Directors and Heads and provide support for decision making
- Develop a strong understanding of all departments including the key cost drivers and reporting requirements
- Understand key cost drivers and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Lead a commercial finance team to meet the targets and KPI's required by the business
- Own production and improvement of the budget/forecast P&L models (and associated reporting/analysis), adapting them to keep pace with the changes in the business and its needs.
- Owning and operating the financial models for budget & forecast
- Owning the reporting to shareholders which includes but limited to:
- Annual Budget and 3 Year Business Plan
- Quarterly Financial Reviews including re forecasts
- Board Reports
- Ad Hoc Reporting on key issues
- Working with the directors to identify risks & opps to budget/forecast delivery.
- Supporting the Finance Director on strategic initiatives
- Analysis of sales and margin performance including product, customer and reginal analysis
- Market analysis
- Supporting the sales directors on pricing, rebates and promotions
- Support all departments in producing business cases for investments (capital and non capital) and make recommendations regarding approvals
- Work with all departments to identify investment proposals which lead to operational efficiencies with a view to cost savings
- Centralising of all MI (Financial and Non-Financial)
- Delivery of MI to Directors in a cost efficient and easy to use manner which allows rapid decision making
- Working with the Financial Controller to ensure detailed variance analysis of monthly performance to budget and prior period.
- Interpret financial performance of the business, identifying risks and challenges
- Ad hoc and proactive analysis to influence decisions
- Supporting the Financial Controller in delivering the month end close process including variance analysis
- Complete management relating tasks, including but not limited to appraisals, managing performance, managing and facilitating development and succession.
- Be professional at all times.
- Good commercial and strategic awareness.
- Good problem solving and analytical ability to understand issues affecting the companies and have ability to provide solutions.
- Good technical ability.
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation and maintain good relationships with external parties.
- Contribution to the creation and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Support the Operations Manager in adherence to Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- Conduct all communications with external stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism and a friendly positive ethos.
- Establish, maintain and promote a positive working relationship with Directors and staff at all levels.
Professional Accountancy Qualification (essential)
Experience in commercial or business partnering role (essential), experience of working cross functionally, experience of distribution industry, previous experience leading and managing people, experience working in a fast paced business.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Possess a good degree of numeracy
- Good oral and written communication skills
- IT Literacy, with specific emphasis on Excel competence.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Up to date knowledge of current UK GAAP
Personal characteristics and behaviours
This role requires a highly committed individual who is able to communicate clearly at all levels, both internally and externally. The successful applicant must able to understand complex issues and implement solution, and must have a professional work ethos at all times.
Self starter who is actively interested in continued personal development