The Acumen Group are recruiting on behalf of a newly formed, international, specialty insurer and reinsurer with operations in London and Bermuda.About the role:
Looking for a Regulatory reporting professional with at least 5+ years of experience in Insurance regulatory reporting, to take ownership of a range of operational tasks supporting the finance function.
This role would entail close collaboration with the Finance Ops, Client Insurance Ops, finance, treasury, external reporting system providers and various other internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- Setting up of LUX Regulatory reporting function, process and data requirements
- Coordination and preparation of all regulatory returns to the LUX entity, including but not limited to;
- Reconciliation and review of input date receiving from other sources (General ledger, Investments, insurance etc.) to ensure accuracy
- Assist actuarial team to gather data to the calculation of Pillar I capital requirements and reserves
- Preparation of quarterly and annual returns, and financial sections of the SFCR/RSR
- Assist in the documentation of all regulatory procedures and processes, ensuring that these are up to date
- Work with the wider Regulatory Reporting team of the Group, ensuring consistency of all numbers within any internal and external reporting.
- Deputizing for the Regulatory reporting lead to provide support and cover for any other regulatory reporting needs.
- Assist Legal Entity Reporting and the wider Finance department on strategic projects as required.
- Review, interact and train offshore resources and help to retain and build knowledge through documentation and knowledge sharing
A strong attention to detail and ability to contribute actively across the finance operations landscape is an important attribute for this role. The successful candidate should have broad knowledge Insurance accounting, be familiar with industry regulatory reporting requirements and confident in interacting with senior stakeholders internally & externally.In addition, the ideal candidate would have:
- An qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) or relevant accounting qualification
- 5+ years' experience in Insurance industry (P&C)
- Knowledge of Solvency reporting (all pillars) and familiar with PRA requirements
- Knowledge of LUX GAAP and Luxembourg Regulatory reporting (to CAA and etc)
- Highly motivated self-start with strong integrity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate pragmatism and firm judgment